Thursday, April 29, 2010

Graffiti On The Way Home

I have conflicting feelings about graffiti.  On the one had, I view it as a horrible invasion on someone else's property.  On the other, I think some of it is artistic enough to merit its existence.


I passed by this trailer, parked with 3 or 4 others, on my way home, tonight.  I turned the bike around and came back to look at it because of this:


I do a bit of drawing and painting, and I am amazed by the quality of this character.  I'm not sure what the medium is;  if it's spraypaint it's well applied.

Anyway, I consider this more in the area of public art than vandalism.  Of course, the owner of the trailer may disagree...

x

1 comment:

katina said...

I take pictures of the good graffiti down here because most of it is VERY uninspired and I regularly complain that the criminal element really needs to up the ante in the paint department.