Friday, April 23, 2010

Learning To Use the Tascam DP-004



I finally got a chance to sit down and play with the new recorder, today. After going through the introductory portion of the owner's manual, I thought I'd record and mix a song, just to see how everything works.

The vocals aren't great (but mine never are), even more so than usual since I was sitting on top of a practice amp singing at the unit on the table. It's a little hard to project, when you are bent at the waist. So, I sound a little thin...but, this isn't a final track. It's just practice with the recorder, after all.

Four tracks: rhythm guitar, lead guitar, vocals and drums. The guitar parts were recorded direct (plugged into the recorder, with no amp), using my 1966 Harmony that you see in the header at the top of the page.

The little recorder works nicely. Now, I just have to get some people together who can actually play these songs...

x

1 comment:

Oldfool said...

Guitar is great.

You sound as good as some of the promoted professionals. Considering the limitations I'd say you doing pretty good.

I can sing, I can dance, I can play, I can have sex I just ain't worth a damn at any of it but I keep at it.

So keep at it.